Rosedale started in 1924 when a wooded tract of land was purchased for $9,500. Formerly it was a beer club called the “Mannerchor.” What we know today as the Tabernacle used to be a dancing pavilion at one end and a bar room at the other. Underneath the building was a cellar lined with cork and cement in which the food and drinks were kept cool. After purchasing the property in 1924, the building and grounds were completely transformed to be used for the Lord’s glory and honor.
Worship services during the early years were well attended, averaging 600 to 700 in attendance during the week, and as many as 1,600 attended the first Sunday afternoon and evening. The second Sunday was even better attended with as many as 2,200 people. There were five services per day along with Bible studies and a children’s hour. After World War II, people’s schedules and spiritual habits began to change and Rosedale is continuing to find ways to meet the needs of God’s people.
Today, the Rosedale Campmeeting is still ongoing. For 2016 it will again take place during the last week of July. Services are held every evening at 6:30 p.m. followed by a traditional ice cream social that is held in the Dining Hall.
From May through September worship, special services, and other events are also held, usually on weekends. Please check our calendar and our Facebook page for more information.
As we look forward to “Building a New Tradition in Ministry,” we are excited about what the Lord has in store for Rosedale’s future.
“Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.”
– Galatians 6:9